The Independent Gymnastics website aims to offer information and services regarding Independent Gymnastics, its affiliated projects, and the sport of gymnastics in the United Kingdom.
By accessing any page on the Independent Gymnastics website, you acknowledge and agree to abide by the following Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms & Conditions, please refrain from using the site and exit immediately.
- The Independent Gymnastics website is owned and operated by Independent Gymnastics (“IGA”), located at IGA, Edison Business Centre, 52 Edison Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 8TE. When referring to “we,” “us,” or “our,” it pertains to IGA.
- While we have taken care in preparing the site, we cannot always guarantee uninterrupted access due to certain technical matters that may be beyond our control.
2. Use of Content
- All text, images, sound, software, service marks, logos, and other materials on the site (“the Content”) are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, either owned by Independent Gymnastics or used with permission from the relevant rights owner.
- The Content may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of IGA, except as stated in 2.3 below.
- You may view, print, download, and (where appropriate) listen to the content of an individual page for private and personal non-commercial use only. However, you may not make more than one electronic or physical copy of the content, nor recopy, distribute, sell, publish, or transmit any part of the material without written permission.
- Without the prior written consent of IGA, you agree not to sell, resell, supply, or make the Content or any derived information available to any third party.
- The names, images, and logos identifying IGA, its projects, products, and services, including “IGA,” and “Independent Gymnastics,” are proprietary marks of IGA or third parties. Any use of these marks without permission may infringe upon rights, and IGA reserves the right to enforce such rights.
3. Prohibited Use
You may not use the site:
- To post, upload, email, or transmit any material that infringes upon the rights of others or is unlawful in any other respect.
- In a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the site.
- To make available personal data about any person other than yourself.
- To obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through unauthorized means.
- To impersonate another person or provide inaccurate information.
- In an abusive, vulgar, racist, sexist, defamatory, sexually oriented, or obscene manner that may harass, distress, embarrass, or inconvenience any person or restrict the use and enjoyment of the site by others.
- To post, upload, email, or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation.
- To post, upload, email, or transmit any material that contains software viruses, or any other computer code or program designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, or compromise the functionality or integrity of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- To create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes Content.
- To transmit or distribute any Content to a third party.
- To remove copyright or trademark notices from any copies made in accordance with these terms.
- In any way that may bring IGA, its affiliated organizations, or the sport of gymnastics into disrepute.
4. Use of Messages and Materials
- By submitting messages, suggestions, or materials (including text, photographs, graphics, video, or audio) to IGA/the site, you grant IGA a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute, and sublicense the message/suggestion in whole or in part, in any form, anywhere in the world.
- By submitting any messages, suggestions, or materials to IGA/the site, you agree that IGA may use those materials or suggestions for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. Any materials you provide will be considered non-confidential.
- By submitting any messages, suggestions, or materials to IGA/the site, you waive all moral rights you have under the Copyright, Design, and Patents Act 1988 with respect to such material.
- If you do not wish to grant IGA the rights described above, please refrain from submitting contributions to the site.
- IGA has the unrestricted right to post all or some of the messages or suggestions you submit to the site, or it may choose not to do so. If IGA chooses to post your messages or suggestions, it may subsequently remove some or all of them at its discretion and without providing reasons.
5. Warranties and Liability
- The Content is provided in good faith for general information and recreational use. It does not constitute advice, recommendation, or arrangement by IGA and should not be relied upon for specific decisions. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of facts and opinions on the site before making any commitments based on them. All conditions, warranties, terms, and undertakings, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, regarding the provision of the Content, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. IGA makes no representations regarding the reliability, availability, timeliness, or accuracy of the Content. IGA does not warrant that the site will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The site may contain links to third-party websites (“Third Party sites”). IGA does not endorse or take responsibility for the availability or content of Third-Party sites and will not be a party to any transactions involving goods or services available on those sites. If you choose to access Third Party sites through these links, you do so at your own risk.
- On certain pages of the site, you may be informed about opportunities to enter into agreements with third parties. IGA and its subsidiary companies are not liable for any contracts you enter with third parties, and they assume no responsibility in relation to such contracts.
- Except as expressly provided in these terms, IGA and its subsidiary companies shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage, including loss of property, profit, business revenue, opportunity, anticipated savings, or data, or for any costs, claims, or demands arising directly or indirectly from the use of or access to the Content or any part thereof, any defect therein, or any failure to provide or timely delivery of the same. This exclusion does not apply to liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
6. Privacy Statement
Any information you provide about yourself to IGA will only be used in accordance with its Privacy Notice. By using this site, you consent to the use of data collected on this site as described in the Privacy Statement.
7. Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that We use.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
9. Changes to These Terms and Content Amendments
- IGA reserves the right to make changes to any part of the site at its discretion.
- Due to its policy of updating and improving the site, IGA may change these Terms & Conditions from time to time. By using the site, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions in effect at the time of your use.
10. Advertising and Sponsorship
The site may include third-party advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit for inclusion on the site complies with international and national laws. IGA is not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in advertising material.
11. Competitions and Prizes
From time to time, IGA may run competitions, free prize draws, and promotions on the site. Each of these will be subject to additional competition terms available on the site.
12. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising from these terms or the legal relationship established by them.
13. Contacting Independent Gymnastics
If you need to contact IGA regarding these Terms & Conditions, you can do so by mail or email using the provided contact information.
Edison Business Centre
52 Edison Road
- If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms are for convenience only and do not have any legal meaning or effect.
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following website ico.org.uk